Have You Been Affected By Someone Else's Drinking?
Millions of people are affected by the excessive drinking of someone close.
These twenty questions are designed to help you decide whether or not you need Al-Anon.
1. Do you worry about how much someone else drinks?
2. Do you have money problems because of someone else's drinking?
3. Do you tell lies to cover up for someone else's drinking?
4. Do you feel that if the drinker loved you, he or she would stop drinking to please you?
5. Do you blame the drinker's behavior on his or her companions?
6. Are plans frequently upset or canceled or meals delayed because of the drinker?
7. Do you make threats, such as, "If you don't stop drinking, I'll leave you"?
8. Do you secretly try to smell the drinker's breath?
9. Are you afraid to upset someone for fear it will set off a drinking bout?
10. Have you been hurt or embarrassed by a drinker's behavior?
11. Are holidays and gatherings spoiled becuase of drinking?
12. Have you considered calling the police for help in fear of abuse?
13. Do you search for hidden alcohol?
14. Do you often ride in a car with a driver who has been drinking?
15. Have you refused social invitations out of fear or anxiety?
16. Do you sometimes feel like a failure when you think of the lengths you
have gone to in order to control the drinker?
17. Do you think that if the drinker stoped drinking, your other problems would
18. Do you ever threaten to hurt yourself to scare the drinker?
19. Do you feel angry. confused or depressed most of the time?
20. Do you feel there is no one who understands your problems?